Friday, January 7, 2011

Goals.....

Have you set a goal?  Do you think your life will be perfect if you lose 10ls or 15 or 50 pounds?  Then once you hit that goal, can you stop your "diet"?

Lets talk about goals first..  ok we are not on the biggest loser and we do not have Bob and Jillian  and are not at the ranch 24/7.  We are at home, with our families and working and paying bills, and running errands and fixing dinner at the last minute because everyone is starving now and if you run to the fast food joint this just once it really won't matter!

So what is your goal?  Is it weight loss?  is it fitness?  Is it to wear those jeans you have in your closet that you have not wore since forever? What makes a difference in your life?  Do you want to be able to chase your kids every where and not feel like you are too exhausted to enjoy life?  What motivates YOU?

Me, I was tired of being tired and wanted to enjoy my life.  I wanted to buy clothes where ever I wanted.  So, I started exercising.  Did an "extreme body makeover" with Farrell's... and then started running.  Did a 5k on 11/1/09... the hot chocolate run in which I got a hoodie that says "will run for chocolate".  I have done a half marathon of 13.1 miles, walked most of it but finished, couple other 5k's and part of the Honolulu Marathon.  I had injured my foot and it has been a slow haul back but I am doing it a step at a time.

So my goal?  I want to finish a marathon.  I want to be able to wear my clothes comfortably.  I want to be able to say, yeah, I did that.

No comments:

Post a Comment