Friday, January 7, 2011

so how many calories do you really need?

How do you calculate how many calories you need per day?  do you guess?  I found a neat site that does a lot of different calculations, its http://www.calculator.net/    On the front page you will see weight loss calculators, if you go to calories calculator you can figure how much you need per day to stay the same, gain or lose.  For me I am 5'5" and weigh 190 and am 47  years old.  I exercise moderately 3-5 times per week  ( I walk my dogs every day for at least 45 min per day) So for me, I need 2321 calories to maintain my weight, 1821 to lose a pound a week or 1321 to lose two pounds per week.  You will have to remember to go back and check as with decreasing weight you calorie needs will change, but with this site it is easy peasy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment